You have a plethora of SMART devices and apps that facilitate your life’s work, keep you on track and on time, turn on the lights and TV, and shut them down. Wouldn’t it be great if you had an app or device that allowed you to master self-care the smart way?
As a business owner, you work long hours and probably take little time for yourself. The time is now to get SMART, and start by forming a digital detox (yes from those amazing devices and apps that you cannot live without). Try these five easy steps to regaining your time and energy, while getting SMART about self-care:
- Think about the communication tools you use and select one! Then, request your clients to use that one to communicate with you.
- Set parameters for time online; you do it for your kids, and you should do it for yourself.
- Schedule breaks for yourself- even 15 minutes per day will make a huge difference in how you feel and your performance.
- Add mindfulness to your walking and eating routines.
- Make a gratitude list- think about people, places, and things that bring you joy.
SMART devices and apps do not ensure smart use of your time. It’s time to get smart by identifying those things that must be done and those that can wait. Identify the groups to which you must belong, and those for which you must volunteer your time and efforts. Complete your work and take a break! Even though there is so much to do and so little time, take time for yourself and make being SMART and in balance a part of your daily routine! You will thank yourself, and those around you will thank you too.