Is your glass half-full or half-empty? Do you see the positive side of life or the negative side to everything? I have a colleague who wisely states that each day that we wake up on this side of the earth is a good day – and it is time to start releasing your negativity and appreciate each day for what it is!
My mom was the most negative person I ever knew. She was happy when she made other people unhappy. Do you know anyone like that? I hope not.
My mantra in life is to surround myself with people who come with batteries – not those who need them. In doing so, I think positive thoughts, release negativity as needed, and I feel better in the process.
So, what are some methods that we might use to release negativity?
- A visual board (cut and paste photos of the positive things in your life and review it daily; add those things that you wish to accomplish and reflect on your accomplishments as they occur)
- Positive expectations (see the winning trophy before you, and chances are that it is within your reach)
- Let a higher power help you (pray)
- Emotional release (we store memories in our bodies, and we need to release those energy stores periodically)
- Close your eyes in a quiet location
- Select the negative energy you wish to release; concentrate and feel it pass through your body
- Repeat the process with each issue or emotion as follows: Imagine that it fills up your body, then imagine blowing all that emotion into a balloon. Breathe the emotion out of your body, out of your mind. You may notice as you blow the emotion into the balloon, that it changes colors. It may turn brown or black with the energy of that negative emotion. When the balloon is full, imagine tying it off, and let it float up into the sky. Continue filling the balloons, tying them off and letting them float up until you feel complete release
- Let yourself feel peaceful
Feeling better is a process! Being a positive human being is a process! These are processes that you can achieve and appreciate. Let those glasses be half-full; raise them high and celebrate the release of your negative feelings. Celebrate the positives in your life!